We design and develop client products of durable construction, disposable construction, and
a combination thereof.
We design and develop the precision guts of durable equipment and
- By equipment we mean mainly mechanical. (Think pneumatically-triggered
medical slurry dispenser.)
- By instrumentation we mean heavily electronic. (Think automated
clinical laboratory sample processor.)
Durable (life over 3 years) products are designed for unit volume typically ranging
50 - 5,000 per annum. These are generally complex products, manually assembled.
We design and develop disposable and limited-reuse products:
- Some disposables complement equipment and instrumentation. (Think
probe cover for an ear thermometer.)
- Some disposables stand alone. (Think tracheostomy tube.)
- Some devices see limited re-use. (Think portable hydration system
for long-distance sports.)
- Some are customized by the user. (Think patient-specific EKG electrode
Disposable and limited re-use products are high unit volume at very
low unit cost. These are typically simple products with a strong emphasis on materials,
tooling, and manufacturing process.